Our Commitment to Safety, Quality and EnvironmentItalian Style
- Superior Italian design from almost 100 years of furniture manufacturing experience
- Cribs convert to toddler beds, child’s day beds and full-size beds (rails sold separately)
- Most cases have adjustable levelers on front posts/feet
- Nylon glides on cribs and cases to help prevent scratching of floors
- Beautiful upholstered crib headboard
Top Quality Manufacturing
- All crib slats made of select solid Radiata Pine for its exceptional strength while being environmentally responsible
- All crib slats are glued and nailed, top and bottom
- All composite wood materials (MDF, particle board or plywood) are certified to meet the State of California and EPA requirements for formaldehyde emissions
- Taller cases feature tip restraint kits
- Drawer boxes with soft-closing, full-extension drawer glides for safety and convenience
- Drawer boxes in solid wood with English dovetail joints (front and back)
- Solid wood corner blocks and supports underneath every drawer box for the best construction
- Each drawer box is sanded and finished with a clear top coat to help protect your child’s clothing
Safety and the Environment
Pali is committed to your child’s safety and our environment by:
- Meeting or exceeding all mandatory and voluntary standards for all of our products
- Testing our products regularly to confirm compliance with these standards
- Submitting all of our cribs and toddler bed conversions to JPMA certification program testing each year
- Only using non-toxic furniture finishes that are tested by independent third party laboratories
- Requiring CARB compliant composite woods that are certified to meet California formaldehyde emissions standards
- Specifying solid woods that are sustainably harvested from trusted and reliable sources that are committed to minimizing environmental impact
Our product development team is committed to designing products that meet or exceed all mandatory and voluntary standards. We are actively involved with industry product safety organizations such as the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) and ASTM International, which is the leader in developing industry standards.
Products are frequently tested at independent third party testing labs to confirm compliance with these standards. We not only test to all federally mandated or voluntary ASTM product safety standards, but also other related safety standards such as finish adhesion, lead in surface coatings, lead in substrates, flammability, small parts, sharp edges, tension and torque. New products are pre-tested prior to first production to ensure compliance. We then schedule regular tests throughout each product’s life cycle to confirm that our products are safe for our customers.
JPMA works with consumers, manufacturers, representatives from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, and ASTM International to develop standards for juvenile products. Pali has been a recognized member of the JPMA for more than 40 years. In addition to our own testing protocols, we submit all of our cribs and toddler bed conversions to JPMA certified laboratories for testing. Parents can look for the special JPMA seal and be confident that Pali furniture is designed and built with safety in mind.
All of our furniture finishes are tested to the strictest lead in surface coatings standard in the United States. We test all finishes to the State of Illinois standard of 40 ppm which is stricter than the 90 ppm standard required by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). Our tests are consistently showing that all of our furniture finishes are virtually lead-free with a total lead content less than 10 ppm or .001%.
Low Emission Composite Wood
Since October 2008 we have been using California Air Resources Board (CARB) Phase 1 compliant composite wood products, which includes MDF and particle board. This means that our furniture is safe from harmful levels of formaldehyde emissions as required by the State of California. Starting January 2011, we made the move to CARB Phase 2 compliant composite wood products further reducing these emissions. We are committed to always improving the environment that surround our customers’ precious little ones.
We value the importance of using sustainable resources. All of our solid substrates are sustainably harvested from forests in Europe, New Zealand and Southeast Asia. In the interest of reducing the amount of composite wood products, most of our drawer boxes are constructed of solid Radiatta Pine. All drawer boxes for cases manufactured in Asia are constructed with English dovetails at the front and back. Each drawer is supported underneath with solid wood corner blocks and attached on full-extension ball-bearing drawer glides for superior quality.
Some of our competitors will state that they are using Asian Hardwood. We will certainly never use solid wood substrates that are harvested from tropical rain forests that could damage our environment. Therefore, Pali’s commitment to a greener environment is a commitment to each and every one of our customers and the well-being of future generations.
Pali, the quality and safety you can trust for your children.